Helping members see life to the fullest also means making them feel comfortable when they return to the eye doctor. Beginning July 20, our new Provider Locator will designate “Safety Ready” providers who meet the guidelines from the American Optometric Association (AOA) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Members will be able to easily search and filter for providers who meet these Safety Ready guidelines.
To receive a Safety Ready designation, providers must meet the following criteria:
- Be fully compliant with AOA and CDC guidance for sanitation, safety, social distancing and screening protocols and agree (if needed) to a 3rd party evaluation to confirm the efficacy of any variations
- Train all clinical and dispensary associates on safety procedures, including documentation to support associate-level training completion
- Provide cleaning supplies and personal protective equipment (PPE), as well as clinic and dispensary cleaning procedures that meet the standards for eliminating COVID bacteria
- Implement protocols and accommodations for high-risk patients such as dedicated appointment times and dedicated support services
- Update the location’s hours of operation and commit to keeping EyeMed updated within 2 business days when hours change
Questions about Safety Ready providers or your account? Contact your EyeMed account manager.