We’ve been hunkered down for a while, and for many that has meant delaying routine visits at the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Now that some providers are re-opening or extending operating hours to accommodate more patients, our members should expect to see a few changes when they head in for their next eye exam.
EyeMed medical director, Joe Wende, OD, says these changes may include:
- Required social distancing in waiting rooms and optical dispensaries.
- Added time between appointments to allow for broader disinfecting of equipment and surfaces in patient care areas.
- More detailed health history questionnaires asking about recent travel and potential exposure to individuals infected with COVID-19.
- Possible in-office temperature testing.
- Staff equipped with added protective equipment, such as masks or face shields during certain procedures.
- Altered office hours to accommodate new practices.
“Navigating this pandemic requires each of us to do our part with equal doses of grace and vigilance to help slow the spread,” says Dr. Wende. “This may mean we go into our next appointment with an open mind and patience as we adjust to a new experience designed to help everyone stay safe.”
As always, members should check with their eye doctor directly to confirm hours and/or any other changes they may need to be aware of before visiting.
Be sure to read our client FAQs for more information about COVID-19 and your EyeMed vision benefits.